Gibson Sets the Stage for Future Growth,
Cesar Gueikian Promoted to Brand President
NASHVILLE, TN (April 1, 2021) Gibson Brands continues to go from strength to strength with the recent addition of the iconic MESA/Boogie brand, the launch of the Gibson App, the opening of the Custom Shop Murphy Lab and now with a series of organization shifts designed to set the stage for the future.
Gibson is pleased to announce that Cesar Gueikian has been promoted to the newly created position of Brand President at Gibson Brands. Gueikian joined Gibson in 2018 as part of the ‘new’ leadership team and has been instrumental in Gibson’s resurgence with his relentless focus on guitar relevance, premium quality, brand building, and artist connections. In his new role, Cesar will take on additional responsibilities centered around future Gibson innovation, omni-experience, and strategic brand management.
“From day one, Cesar’s balance of passion and professionalism started to make a difference,” says James ‘JC’ Curleigh, President and CEO Gibson Brands. “He has built a great team, he has made great progress, and he is now positioned to make an even bigger impact going forward in his new leadership role.”
The current Brand portfolio at Gibson Brands includes Gibson, Epiphone, Kramer, KRK, MESA/Boogie, and Steinberger.
“I am proud of the progress we have made across all of our Brands and the response from artists, dealers, and fans has been amazing,” says Cesar Gueikian, Brand President at Gibson Brands. “The challenge is to keep this momentum going, so in my new role I will continue to focus on balancing our iconic past and building our innovative future. I am excited about this opportunity and the team is ready to rock.”
Above: Cesar Gueikian, Brand President at Gibson Brands.
Gibson Brands has also announced a series of other organization shifts, additions, and promotions designed to strengthen the team going forward including:
- Eric Purcell has been promoted to Vice President of Quality to continue in our quest to always make quality our number one priority for our artists, our fans, and our dealers.
- John French has been promoted to Vice President of Supply Chain to continue in our challenge to deliver great service and manage complexity.
- Elizabeth Heidt will take on more responsibility to create synergy across our emerging Gibson Brands platforms in the new role of Vice President of Cultural Influence.
- Mat Koehler has been promoted to Senior Director of Product Development to continue to lead the entire product development team at Gibson Brands.
- Krista Gilley has been promoted to Brand Director to take on the full brand portfolio of Gibson Brands.
- Josh Ehren joins Gibson Brands as the new Director of Omni-Experience.
- Jill Skordinski joins Gibson Brands as the new Finance Controller.
- Roger Hutchinson joins Gibson Brands as the new Director of Dealer Services.
- Dave Jones joins Gibson Brands as the new EHS Manager.
“Our future success is directly related to the strength of our team and we have built an amazing team all aligned around our vision, mission, and priorities for Gibson Brands,” adds ‘JC,’ President and CEO of Gibson Brands.
Gibson, the leading iconic guitar brand, has shaped the sounds of generations of musicians and music lovers across genres for 127 years. Founded in 1894 and headquartered in Nashville, TN, Gibson Brands has a legacy of world-class craftsmanship, legendary music partnerships, and progressive product evolution that is unrivaled among musical instrument companies. The Gibson Brands portfolio includes Gibson, the leading guitar brand, as well as many of the most beloved and recognizable music brands, including Epiphone
, which has been on every stage since 1873, Kramer
, the original MADE TO ROCK HARD guitar brand, MESA/Boogie
, the home of tone, and KRK
, behind great music for over 30 years. Gibson Brands is dedicated to quality, innovation, and sound excellence so that music lovers for generations to come will continue to experience music shaped by Gibson Brands. Learn more at Gibson.com
and follow us on Twitter
, Gibson TV
, and Instagram