FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Photo Credit: Sacha Guzy
MUSIC ROYALTY NANCY WILSON TO BE HONORED
AT 2021 SHE ROCKS AWARDS
JOINS STELLAR LIST OF PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED HONOREES
The Go-Go’s, Cherie Currie, Cindy Blackman-Santana, Amy Lee, Margaret Cho and More…
Sponsored by Positive Grid
Heart co-founder Nancy Wilson joins the legendary all-female Los Angeles rock band The Go-Go’s; iconic lead vocalist of the Runaways, musician, actress and artist Cherie Currie; celebrated jazz and rock drummer Cindy Blackman Santana; Evanescence front woman Amy Lee; and comedian Margaret Cho, some of this year’s diverse recipients for the virtual ceremony event, awards hosted by Lzzy Hale (Halestorm), pre-show hosted by Lyndsey Parker (Yahoo Entertainment/SiriusXM)
VIP Ticket Packages On Sale Now, HERE
Top row L to R: Nancy Wilson, Amy Lee (Evanescence), Margaret Cho, Cindy Blackman Santana, The Go-Go’s,
Bottom row L to R: Cherie Currie, Starr Parodi, Ann Mincieli, Sharon Hennessey, Gwen Bethel Riley, Kim Warnick
With the current pandemic situation, and NAMM moving to a virtual convention, the She Rocks Awards are reimagining the ceremony to fit the current times and will follow suit with a virtual ceremony. The awards ceremony itself will continue to pay tribute to women in the music industry, with the ninth annual She Rocks Awards taking place at 6:30 pm PT on Friday, January 22, 2021. This high-energy evening will include live virtual music performances, awards and speeches, celebrity appearances, a fabulous silent auction, and much more, all available online. This year’s virtual event is free and open to the public.
A VIP gift bag and after-party ticket are available for fans to purchase the ultimate She Rocks experience. The She Rocks VIP Gift Bags are legendary and now fans can get the VIP treatment at home! The VIP Experience purchase entitles the holder to a VIP She Rocks Box valued at over $200 and includes a ticket to the VIP after-party, where a fan will be able to join the She Rocks team, honorees and more. The VIP bag includes items from M.A.C Cosmetics, PRS Guitars, Marshall, D’Addario, The Music People, Cuccio, Positive Grid, Clif and more. With only 100 VIP packages available, fans should visit sherocksawards.com/tickets.
The 2021 She Rocks Awards recipients include:
- Nancy Wilson – co-founder of the multi-platinum, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted band Heart
- The Go-Go’s – the first all-female band to top the Billboard charts that both wrote their own songs and played their own instruments
- Cherie Currie – founding member of the pioneering all-female rock band The Runaways
- Cindy Blackman Santana – respected jazz and rock drummer with Santana and Lenny Kravitz among many others
- Amy Lee – co-founder and lead vocalist for the rock band Evanescence
- Margaret Cho – Emmy and Grammy-nominated stand-up comedian, actress, fashion designer, author, and singer-songwriter
- Starr Parodi – composer, pianist, conductor, arranger, music director and president of The Alliance For Women Film Composers
- Ann Mincieli – GRAMMY-winning recording engineer, studio coordinator for Alicia Keys and co-founder of NYC-destination studio Jungle City
- Sharon Hennessey – President of On-Stage, The Music People (a division of JAM) and the driving force behind the company’s two brands, On-Stage and TMP-Pro.
- Gwen Bethel Riley – Senior VP of Music for Peloton Interactive
- Kim Warnick – Executive Director of Calling All Crows
This year’s event will be hosted by previous award recipient Lzzy Hale, frontwoman for the rock band Halestorm, with Yahoo Entertainment’s Lyndsey Parker hosting the pre-show countdown. Opening performers will be Lexington, Kentucky, rock and soul band Magnolia Boulevard, sponsored by PRS Guitars.
She Rocks Awards founder Laura B. Whitmore comments, “Nancy Wilson has been an inspiration to me personally and so many female musicians. I’m beyond thrilled to honor this legendary performer as we celebrate these inspiring women in music.”
She Rocks Awards pays tribute to women who display leadership and stand out within the music industry, and has become a standard at the NAMM Show. Previous award recipients include Melissa Etheridge, Pat Benatar, Gloria Gaynor, The B-52s, Suzi Quatro, Colbie Caillat, Sheila E, Chaka Khan, Ronnie Spector, Orianthi, Lisa Loeb, The Bangles, and many more, plus a collection of role models from all walks of the music and audio industries.
The 2021 She Rocks Awards is sponsored by Positive Grid, Sweetwater, Roland, PRS Guitars, PreSonus, NAMM, Fishman, Marshall, D’Addario, Reverb, The Music People, Cuccio, MAC Cosmetics, Clif, WRiiG, Berklee School of Music, Gibson, KORG, Taylor, 108 Rock Star Guitars, Red Dragon Sessions, D’Angelico, DW, Parade, Alliance for Women Film Composers, Future Publishing, Guitar World, Musicradar and Guitar Girl Magazine. For information regarding She Rocks Awards sponsorship opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
Learn more about the She Rocks Awards and where to tune in the evening of the Awards at sherocksawards.com.
About The Women’s International Music Network (WiMN)
Founded in 2012, the Women’s International Music Network unites women who work within all facets of the music and audio industries. With theWiMN.com as its hub, the WiMN provides a community for women within the industry while enriching their careers and musical experiences through networking and sharing. The Women’s International Music Network produces the She Rocks podcast, the LIVE: Front & Center web series, WiMN She Rocks Spotlight Showcase Series and the She Rocks Awards, and is founded by music industry veteran Laura B. Whitmore. For more information, visit www.thewimn.com.