The New Regime, fronted by Ilan Rubin (drummer of Nine Inch Nails, Angels & Airwaves, Paramore, Beck), released their new full-length album Heart Mind Body & Soul this past Spring via Another Century (Sony). After more than a year of releasing this album in four parts, Ilan and The New Regime were gearing up to play songs from this amazing album across the states. But with the pandemic spreading across the country, the band had to cancel the tour less than 2 weeks after they hit the road with Silversun Pickups. Ilan with the help of Sarah Rose Reichert (photography/ video) brings us a chilling retrospect of life in New York City with “It’s Gonna Be Ok”.
“On March 1st we began our tour with Silversun Pickups. On March 6th “Heart Mind Body & Soul”, the new album and 2-year labor of love finally came out. By March 13th the tour was cancelled and on March 20th California began its quarantine lockdown. Just like that the beginning of a promising album/tour cycle was gone and there was nothing I could do to help remedy the situation. I started getting messages on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook saying that “It’s Gonna Be OK” was getting people through these tough times, whether it was dealing with sick family, being out of work, or helping with a general sense of anxiety over uncertainty. Seeing our medical professionals working tirelessly and the general public working together to maintain the social distancing/quarantine guidelines was inspiring amid the dead streets of our neighborhoods. So I decided to put together a lyric video for a song that has helped some people get through this, in the hopes that it could help even just a few more. During these trying times any added positivity and emotional relief is worth it.” -Ilan Rubin
The New Regime Highlights:
- Performed in the Jaded Hearts Club feat. Matt Bellamy (Muse), Graham Coxon (Blur, Chris Cester (Jet), and more. Watch Paul McCartney join them onstage at a Stella McCartney HERE
- Closed The Grammy Awards with Nine Inch Nails, Queens of The Stone Age, Dave Grohl, and Lindsey Buckingham
- Toured with Muse, The Killers Nine Inch Nails, Alice In Chains, The Used, The Joy Formidable
- Guinness Book of World Records youngest musician to ever play on a Woodstock Stage at 11-years-old.
- Rubin performed every instrument on his forthcoming LP Heart Mind Body & Soul
- Featured in Billboard, Entertainment Weekly, Paste, Baeble, Yahoo!, Pitchfork, Modern Drummer, LA Times, Alternative Press, and more.