EDC Las Vegas’ central communal destination and chill zone returns with
Wi-Fi, food and beverage options, carnival games, voter registration and more
Las Vegas – North America’s largest dance music festival, Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC), returns to Las Vegas June 17 – 19 with new additions and attractions in the festival’s central chill zone destination, Carnival Square. Last year, Insomniac premiered Carnival Square at EDC Las Vegas in the center of the Speedway, bringing fans a host of conveniently located amenities, such as charging stations, a merchandise tent, photo booths, delicious food options, a lost and found center, and more. This year, attendees will be treated to five new features, including free Wi-Fi and costume contests, creating a relaxing recharge space.
Discover all that Carnival Square has to offer below:
- Free High-Speed Wi-Fi & Phone Charging – Can’t wait to upload your Instagram photo? Head to Carnival Square to access quick, complimentary Wi-Fi for the first time at EDC while powering up your devices.
- Chill Zone – Cool off indoors in the Orange Garage, complete with bean bags, furniture, and comfortable seating. Don’t forget to add your biggest hopes to the EDC Dream Wall in the Chill Zone.
- Carnival Games – Test your luck and your aim with 11 brand new, free carnival games, including classics like Ring-A-Duck, Water Race, Balloon Popper and Beer Bottle Bust. Win three or more times to trade in standard prizes for a deluxe prize, including EDC merchandise!
- Center Ring Stage – EDC’s eccentric costumed characters will entertain crowds throughout the night performing on the 360-degree catwalk, encircled by a full bar. Headliners will also have the chance to show off their creative EDC fashion during scheduled costume contests, with performer photo opportunities to follow.
- Register to Vote – Want to register to vote in this year’s presidential election? Visit the HeadCount booth and register for free!
- Consciousness Group – This sober team of Headliners hold regular meetings throughout each night of the festival, providing fans with a supportive sanctuary.
- Giant Live Stream Video – Sit back and tune in to the most exciting performances of each night on giant four-sided LED screens at the Catwalk Bar.
- Way Finding Kiosk – Plan your night and stay informed at the Kiosk where festival maps, set times, and social media feeds will continually update over the weekend.
- General Store – For any fan’s every need, the General Store is well-stocked with items like candy, gum, LED accessories, and survival essentials like band-aids, sunscreen, chapstick and over-the-counter medicines.
- Lost and Found – Lose your phone, keys or friends? Make your way to the Lost and Found booth in Carnival Square (one of many stationed around the festival).
- Festival Information Booth – Navigating the Speedway can be challenging; EDC’s Info Booth staff is there to answer questions and provide directions.
The new Carnival Square embodies the essence of EDC by bringing Headliners together to embrace the dance music culture and community created over the three-day weekend.
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next-generation special effects, these events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the experience is the company’s top priority.
Throughout its 23-year history, Insomniac has produced more than 1,000 festivals, concerts and club nights for nearly 5 million attendees across three continents. Insomniac’s events are held in California, Florida, Michigan, Nevada, New York, the United Kingdom, Mexico and Brazil. The company’s premier annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the largest multi-day music festival in North America, and attracted more than 400,000 fans over three days in June 2015.
The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella, and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993.