BOURBON & BEYOND RELEASES ITS OFFICIAL SCHEDULE OF MUSIC PERFORMANCES & EXPERIENCES ALONG WITH EVEN MORE EVENTS, WORKSHOPS, TASTINGS AND NEW PARTNERS
America’s Biggest Bourbon Festival Takes Over Louisville, Kentucky for an Unforgettable Weekend Featuring World-Class Musicians, Top Chefs, Master Distillers, Bourbon Experts and much more.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW: www.bourbonandbeyond.com
Free and interactive hands-on workshops led by bourbon masters
The Mash Stage, where distillers, chefs and musicians will come together for once in a lifetime collaborations
The finest Kentucky bourbons curated by top bourbon experts
SCHEDULE OF PERFORMANCES BY:
Stevie Nicks, The Steve Miller Band, Eddie Vedder, Joe Bonamassa, Band of Horses, Gary Clark Jr., Paul Rodgers, Kiefer Sutherland and More
August 29, 2017: LOUISVILLE, KY – With less than a month until the inaugural Bourbon & Beyond Festival, Danny Wimmer Presents is excited to announce the official schedule of music performances, experiences and additional events, workshops, tastings and partners that has been added to the exceptional line up that is making this festival unlike any other. Taking place for the first time on Saturday, September 23 and Sunday, September 24 in Louisville, Kentucky, Bourbon & Beyond is a showcase featuring outstanding musicians, the best bourbons, master distillers, national and local chefs, bartenders, and many other artisans. It is an incredible all-in-one bourbon, food and music festival that celebrates the craftsmanship, soul and spirit of Louisville like no other.
Featuring immersive and interactive experiences, Bourbon & Beyond is thrilled to add the following activations:
- The Big Bourbon Bar…. Just Got Bigger: Presented by the Louisville Courier-Journal, this larger-than-life bar will serve expertly crafted bourbon cocktails featuring Bourbon & Beyond’s bourbon partners: 1792, Angel’s Envy, Barrell, Basil Hayden’s, Blade And Bow, Buffalo Trace, Bulleit, Coopers’ Craft, Eagle Rare, Ezra Brooks, Four Roses, Jefferson’s, Jim Beam, Knob Creek, Larceny, Maker’s Mark, Michter’s, Old Forester, Rabbit Hole, Rebel Yell, Smooth Ambler, Peerless, W. L. Weller and Woodford Reserve. Fred Minnick’s MiniBar will also feature Bluegrass Distillers, Boone County, Hartfield & Co., Jeptha Creed, Limestone Branch, MB Roland, and New Riff. In addition to these exceptional bourbon partners, the Big Bourbon Bar will also feature great music and talks all weekend long. The Bluegrass Situation has curated a lineup of bluegrass bands to provide the soundtrack for the weekend, and in between sets, Bardstown Bourbon Company will host “Bourbon Time with Fred Minnick.”
- LOVE & FIRE presented by Larceny Bourbon: With a passion for great food and great bourbon, LOVE & FIRE will celebrate and breathe life into two time honored traditions – cooking over an open fire, and telling the fascinating story behind Larceny Bourbon and the legendary John E. Fitzgerald. Taking place all day on Saturday & Sunday, LOVE & FIRE will feature delicious Larceny Bourbon cocktails and incredible grilled specialties from renowned local Louisville Chefs as well as several surprise guest chefs. Open to all festivalgoers, attendees will have the chance to win special prizes, including a seat at the LOVE & FIRE tasting table to learn the intricacies of cooking over a live fire while tasting different dishes paired with Larceny Bourbon. Special Appearances include: Chef Chris Cosentino of Cockscomb, San Francisco, Chef Anthony Falco of Pizza Czar, Brooklyn, Chef Amanda Freitag, Judge on “Chopped”, Chef Cosmo Goss & Chef Erling Wu-Bower of Pacific Standard Time, Chicago, Chef Mike Wajda, of Proof on Main, Master Distiller Denny Potter, Heaven Hill Distillery.
- Sierra Nevada High Altitude Lounge: Founded in 1980, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is one of America’s original craft breweries. The pioneering spirit that launched Sierra Nevada now spans both coasts with breweries in Chico, California and Mills River, North Carolina. Sierra Nevada has set the standard for craft brewers worldwide with award-winning beers–including the legendary Pale Ale–and innovations in the brewhouse and in sustainability. At Bourbon & Beyond, stop by the Sierra Nevada HIGH ALTITUDE LOUNGE to sample some of the brewery’s rare barrel-aged ales. Sierra Nevada will also be serving beers throughout the festival and at all the culinary feasts and parties. For more information visit: http://www.sierranevada.com. Follow on Social Media: Facebook: @sierranevadabeer Instagram/Twitter: @SierraNevada
- Constellation Brands Wine Showcase: Robert Mondavi Private Selection will keep the wine flowing all weekend at Bourbon & Beyond. Wine icon Robert Mondavi’s visionary pursuit of great California wines led him to the Central Coast in the 1960s, where he planted some of the finest coastal vineyards and transformed national wine culture by creating elegant, affordable and food-friendly wines. Robert Mondavi Private Selection Bourbon Barrel-Aged wines bring a Kentucky twist to two California classics, Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay, and will be poured throughout the weekend. Other special wines from Robert Mondavi Private Selection, Cooper & Thief, Ruffino, The Prisoner Wine Company and SIMI Winery will also be served at Bourbon & Beyond’s special dinners and parties. To learn about Robert Mondavi Private Selection wines please visit: www.RobertMondaviPrivateSelection.com. Follow on Social Media: @robertmondavi, @robertmondavips
- The Angry Tree Bar presented by Angry Orchard: Angry Orchard’s cider makers have been crafting cider for more than twenty years, and most recently became a vital part of the thriving food, farming and cider community in the Hudson Valley of New York with the debut of its cider house on its 60-acre orchard. Last year, Treehouse Masters visited the orchard to build a treehouse tasting room, and at Bourbon & Beyond, attendees will find the Angry Orchard Tree Bar the perfect place to sit back and relax with a cider. Angry Orchard makes a variety of year-round craft cider styles, including Angry Orchard Crisp Apple, a fruit forward hard cider that balances the sweetness of culinary apples with dryness of bittersweet apples, and Angry Orchard Easy Apple, a refreshing, easy-drinking cider. These hard ciders are incredibly versatile and work well paired with your favorite dishes, as an ingredient in food recipes or as part of a cocktail. For more information on their hard ciders, visit: http://www.angryorchard.com. Follow on Social Media: @AngryOrchard #BranchOut #AngryOrchard #HardCider
- FYE Music Hub: FYE is the only place at the festival to get all your favorite band’s music — and maybe even get to meet your favorite Bourbon & Beyond musician! Updates coming soon on artist meet & greets and autograph signing sessions! Visit http://www.fye.com for more invite. Follow on Social Media: Facebook: @fye Instagram: @officalFYEmusic
- The Music Experience: At Bourbon & Beyond, the Music Experience features all the elements that are involved in making music in a professional band setting. The interactive exhibit features guitars, basses, amps, drums, keyboards, and electronic gear that are used by today’s most popular bands. After laying their hands on the hottest equipment available, guests will walk away feeling like a rockstar and they may even see one there, too! With contests and interactive exhibits all day, festivalgoers may have the opportunity to win free amps, free guitars and get tons of other free stuff. For more info: http://themusicexperience.com / Social Media: @TheMusicExp @tmexp.
- Take Me Home: Take Me Home (TMH) has been saving the lives of homeless animals since 2001. TMH was founded as an animal rights advocacy foundation saving orphaned animals and striving to end animal overpopulation. TMH works in conjunction with shelters and rescues throughout California and beyond to help save animals on death row, on the streets, or in unsafe living conditions. Stop by their booth at Bourbon & Beyond for custom gear and contribute to a great cause. More info: http://www.takemehome.tv. Follow on Social Media: @takemehomerescue.
- “The Chicks & Champs Gospel Brunch”: Join us Saturday & Sunday mornings for an incredible feast with bottles of bubbly and down-home fried chicken – enjoy three styles from Classic, Hot or Japanese Karaage as the perfect pairing to kick-off your day at Bourbon & Beyond. Saturday’s brunch will feature chefs Erling Wu-Bower & Cosmo Goss and local favorite Gospel Bird. Sunday’smeal features chef Carla Hall. We’ll also have an amazing ensemble of gospel singers performing each day to get your spirits lifted!
OAK, BARREL & BLUEGRASS SITUATION STAGE SCHEDULES:
Saturday, September 23rd:
- 12:15pm: Dave Cavalier
- 1:35pm: Shawn James & The Shapeshifters
- 3:15pm: ZZ Ward
- 5:05pm: Kenny Wayne Shepherd
- 7:15pm: Amos Lee
- 9:30pm: The Steve Miller Band
- 12:50pm: Fantastic Negrito
- 2:10pm: Chris Robinson Brotherhood
- 4:00pm: Buddy Guy
- 6:10pm: Band of Horses
- 8:20pm Eddie Vedder
BLUEGRASS SITUATION STAGE:
- 1pm: Reva Dawn Salon
- 2pm: The Tillers
- 3pm: NewTown
- 4:15pm: Love Canon
- 5:45pm: Mipso
Sunday, September 24th:
- 12:55pm: Kiefer Sutherland
- 2:25pm: Nikki Lane
- 4:15pm: G Love & Special Sauce
- 6:25pm: Paul Rodgers
- 8:35pm: Stevie Nicks
- 12:10pm: Caitlyn Smith
- 1:30pm: Jonny Lang
- 3:10pm: Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
- 5:20pm: Gary Clark Jr.
- 7:30pm: Joe Bonamassa
– BLUEGRASS SITUATION STAGE:
- 1pm: The Tillers
- 2pm: Reva Dawn Salon
- 3pm: NewTown
- 4:15pm: Town Mountain
- 5:45pm: Steel Wheels
DEMOS & WORKSHOPS – NEW ADDITIONS AND SCHEDULE:
- Free and Interactive Bourbon Workshops: Bourbon enthusiasts, come one, come all, and immerse oneself in the world of bourbon at The Workshops presented by GE Appliances. The Workshop is an interactive learning center with free, intimate bourbon workshops led by bourbon masters (first-come, first-serve) and an area to discover how GE Appliances makes life better by designing and building the world’s best appliances.
- LIVE Cooking Demos and Inspiring Panels: Also powered by GE Appliances and held on the MASH STAGE, Top Chefs, Master Distillers, Bartenders and more take festivalgoers (first come, fist serve basis) through an immersive experience with cooking demonstrations, seminars and panels on bourbon and more. Eight lucky fans will get to experience these demos first hand. The first 8 people to line up will get to sit at the Mash Stage Tasting Table.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23TH
- The Mash Stage:
- “Breaking The Bootlegger”: Join Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery president Julian P. Van Winkle III, Chef Tom Colicchio, Chef Edward Lee, Keifer Sutherland and Bourbon Expert Fred Minnick for a discussion of identifying authenticity and the real cost of counterfeiting in bourbon…. and beyond.
- “The Big Easy Boil”: Chef Anthony Lamas hosts the Big Easy Crawfish Boil where guests can choose between Chef Lamas’ Latin Flavor or the NoLa Crawfish King’s, Shaggy Davis, traditional recipe. Also featuring Susie Hoyt of The Silver Dollar in Louisville and New Orleans inspired tunes from DJ Johnny Sidell.
- “Uncut & Unfiltered”: Chef Tom Colicchio + ZZ Ward – Tom and ZZ back away from manipulation and production to look at the consistencies in developing recipes and songs that are strong yet simple. *8 lucky fans will get to join them on stage for tastes and sips, get there early.
- “Why Rye?”: Chef Anthony Falco and Caleb Kilburn, Head Distiller of Peerless, discusses the journey of ancient grains and what they mean to the art of pizza and distilling.
- “Latitude”: Featuring Jane Bowie, Maker’s Mark Maturation Specialist and Jose Salazar of Mita’s in Cincinnati – Latitude is defined as “The freedom from restriction”. Join Jose and Jane as they explore unexpected ways to enjoy Maker’s Mark.
- “The Wonder Women of Whiskey”: From distilling to distributing, branding to bartending, meet a few of the women who are leading calling the shots in the bourbon business. Featuring:
- Marianne Barnes, Master Distiller, Castle & Key Distillery
- Jane Bowie, maturation specialist, Maker’s Mark
- Jane Danger & Alla Lapuschik, authors, “From Rhum to Whiskey”
- Allisa Henley, Master Distiller, Sazerac Tennessee
- Andrea Wilson, GM & VP, Michter’s Distillery
- Moderator: Susan Reigler, author, “Kentucky Bourbon
- “Cooperative Spirit”: Announcing the world-premiere of a very special bourbon created in collaboration between Copper & Kings Distillery and Bardstown Bourbon Company! Join bourbon author Fred Minnick, Copper & Kings founder Joe Heron, and Bardstown Bourbon Company CEO David Mandell as they discuss this incredible collaboration.
- “The Art of Blending”: Meet the man who’s willing to break all the “rules” about bourbon while stilling winning hard-earned awards and cynical critics over. In this half-hour session, Fred Minnick and Joe Beatrice, owner of Barrel Bourbon Company, will lead you through a tasting of several batches that transforms your impression of what makes the “best” bourbon.
- “Like Father, Like Son”: With strong families, rich traditions and secret recipes, bourbon has endured world wars and economic collapse to remain what it is today. Discover what tradition, ritual and risk-taking means to seventh-generation distiller Fred Noe and eighth-generation distiller Freddie Noe, along with Bourbon Authority Fred Minnick in this once-in-a-lifetime conversation that reveals spirit of bourbon instead of bourbon as a spirit.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH
- The Mash Stage:
- “MilkWood”: Chef Kevin Ashworth & Stacie Stewart of 610 Magnolia & MilkWood demonstrates the art of southern cooking and Maker’s Mark cocktails at this soulful MilkWood inspired party. Featuring tunes by Derby City Soul Club.
- “Trifecta of Taste”: Chef Chris Cosentino of Cockscomb, San Francisco, Chef Edward Lee & Mathew Landan of Haymarket Whiskey Bar. Check out this updated version of your favorite Surf & Turf, with bourbon pairings.
- “Love & Fried Chicken”: Who doesn’t love fried chicken? Chef Carla Hall and Dean work together to demonstrate how to put the love in fried chicken.
- “Drink Your Science”: Featuring Jane Danger, Bartender & Author, “Bourbon Bartender”, Amanda Freitag, “Chopped”, Alla Lapuschik, Bartender & Author, “Bourbon Bartender” and Harlen Wheatley, Master Distiller, Buffalo Trace Distillery. Watch and learn how experimentation in the kitchen, behind the bar, and in the distillery is essential to growth and learning.
- “Young Guns Down the Rabbit Hole”: Featuring Cosmo Goss and Erling Wu-Bower of Pacific Standard Time, and Dave Kaplan and Devon Tarby of Proprietors LLC. – Watch and learn how terroir-based recipes put local flavor on the plate, and in the glass. These chefs and bartenders work with the best local ingredients to bring Kentucky Terroir to the table.
- “Like Father, Like Son”: With strong families, rich traditions and secret recipes, bourbon has endured world wars and economic collapse to remain what it is today. Discover what tradition, ritual, and risk-taking means to the Hendersons, a legendary bourbon family in this once-in-a-lifetime conversation that reveals spirit of bourbon instead of bourbon as a spirit.
- The Workshops:
- “1792 – 2017: The 225th Anniversary”: Join Master Distiller John Hargrove as he guides you through as tasting of Barton 1792 Distillery’s unique expressions, including a Kentucky-only release of 1792 commemorating the 225th anniversary of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- “The New Age of Bourbon”: What a time to be alive, especially if you’re a bourbon drinker. Join bourbon expert Fred Minnick as he introduces you to the distillers and the visionaries who are blazing new trails and paying homage to the ones who have paved the way. Presented by Kelvin Cooperage and featuring Corky Taylor, Owner of Peerless, and Kaveh Zamanian, Owner of Rabbit Hole.
- “All About Distilling”: Discover the basics of bourbon distilling with Master Distiller Jade Peterson of Jefferson’s Bourbon. From learning the in’s and out’s of how distilling works, to discovering the stages of barrel aging and finishing, this half-hour workshop is designed as a crash-course for bourbon beginners.
- “All About the Barrel”: There’s no better spirit guide than Kevin “The Barrel Man” Sanders to guide you through how bourbon transforms and changes in the barrel. This half-hour workshop will reveal how toasting, charring, and double-oaking can completely transform your bourbon drinking experience.
- “Bourbon, Behind-The-Scenes”: If you’re looking to understand the state of bourbon, look no further. In this 45-minute conversation, bourbon experts Fred Minnick and Denny Potter, Master Distiller of Heaven Hill Distillery, will meet together on stage for an honest conversation about bourbon… and beyond.
- The Bluegrass Situation Stage: In addition to the stellar line up of Bluegrass artists taking stage and performing all weekend, several experiences focusing on Bourbon will also take place and is presented by Bardstown Bourbon Company.
- “Bourbon 101 with Fred Minnick”: Bourbon & Beyond was built with the bourbon beginner in mind, which is why we’ve asked bourbon expert Fred Minnick to break it all down. Join Fred Saturday and Sunday for a free crash course on what America’s greatest spirit is all about.
- “Noah’s & Fred’s Drinking Tunes”: Come to The Big Bourbon Bar, grab a dram or a cocktail, and get ready to sing along to the best drinking songs.
SPONSORS & PARTNERS:
Bourbon & Beyond and its outstanding spirit, bourbon, distiller, chef (and much more) partners and sponsors are what will make this weekend in September truly unforgettable and unique. Sponsors and partners for Bourbon & Beyond include:
- New and existing bourbon sponsors include: Ezra Brooks and Rebel Yell have joined the outstanding roster of Bourbon sponsors, including 1792, Angel’s Envy, Barrell, Basil Hayden’s, Blade And Bow, Buffalo Trace, Bulleit, Coopers’ Craft, Eagle Rare, Ezra Brooks, Four Roses, Jefferson’s, Jim Beam, Knob Creek, Larceny, Maker’s Mark, Michter’s, Old Forester, Rabbit Hole, Rebel Yell, Smooth Ambler, Peerless, W. L. Weller, Woodford Reserve
- New Spirit, Beverage and other Sponsors: Angry Orchard, Constellation Brands, Sierra Nevada, Tito’s Vodka, Miller Lite, Southern Comfort, Jack Daniel’s, Kelvin Cooperage, Bardstown Bourbon Company, Bourbon Barrel Foods, Glencairn Crystal, The Daily Beast and more to be announced.
- Master Distiller and Bourbon Celebrity: Appearances from Bourbon Celebrities include: Julian P. Van Winkle III of Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery, Master Distiller Harlen Wheatley and Master Blender Drew Mayville of Buffalo Trace Distillery, Master Distiller John Hargrove of Barton 1792 Distillery, Distiller Allisa Henley of Sazerac of Tennessee, Kaveh Zamanian of Rabbit Hole Distillery, Master Distiller Marianne Barnes of Castle & Key Distillery, Jane Bowie of Maker’s Mark, Andrea Wilson of Michter’s, The Henderson Family (Wes, Andrew, Kyle) of Angel’s Envy, Trey Zoeller of Jefferson’s Bourbon.
GE Appliances: As a proud partner of Bourbon & Beyond, GE Appliances will be offering all festivalgoers free opportunities to watch, learn from and laugh along with the best and brightest at Bourbon & Beyond
iZotope: iZotope’s intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. The team designs award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. At Bourbon & Beyond, iZotope will be showcasing its latest technology for professional-quality recording made simple – from an RV retrofitted into a mobile recording studio. Festival attendees will have the opportunity to be introduced to a completely new type of recording experience. Learn more at www.Spire.live.
Girls Gone Green: The Girls Gone Green is a 501c3 non-profit devoted to exploring and improving various environmental, animal and health issues. www.TheGirlsGoneGreen.com
The Bourbon & Beyond festival will be an incredible all-in-one bourbon, food and entertainment destination that honors the rich history of bourbon that is so deeply rooted in the heart of Kentucky. Without a doubt it will be an unforgettable and inspiring experience. Like the flames that char the barrels, the hearth that nourishes our appetites or the heart of an incredible beat, soul and passion will radiate throughout the Bourbon & Beyond festival. For tickets and more details, please visit BourbonandBeyond.com.
For our love of bourbon.
For our love of Kentucky.
Bourbon & Beyond.
Bourbon & Beyond Social Media:
About Danny Wimmer Presents:
Since 1993, music industry veteran Danny Wimmer has been producing concerts and festivals, both large and small. In 2011, he formed Danny Wimmer Presents, which now produces several of the largest rock and alternative festivals in the U.S. By combining A-list talent with local cuisine and culture, DWP has become recognized within the industry for delivering the highest-quality entertainment experiences to fans, artists, sponsors, partners and host cities. DWP creates memorable and all-encompassing festival experiences, leaving both consumers and partners with lasting and meaningful impressions. DWP will continue to add new music festivals to its already stellar portfolio, which includes Rock On The Range, Monster Energy Aftershock Festival, Monster Energy Welcome To Rockville, Monster Energy Carolina Rebellion, Louder Than Life, Monster Energy Rock Allegiance, and Chicago Open Air, among others. www.DannyWimmerPresents.com